This weekend, October 1-2, I had the privilege to be at Hillcrest Baptist Church. I was so encouraged to be there. I heard story after story of how God was working in the lives of men, women and children.
As I was sitting there and hearing missionaries and church members speak, I couldn't help but think of the openings to Paul's letters to the local churches. He told the Colossians, "...we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love that you have for all the saints..." Missionaries gave testimonies like this to the faith of the church. As i sat there i thought thats what the Church i all about! We the Church are united around on common goal. It was a surreal experience.
God made a body, a unit of followers to be bearers of the Cross for the glory of God. God reaches people through people. We can be more effective in our commission when we, the church, get rid of our pride and fall in submission to Almighty God! I am pretty sure that the early church didn't squabble over music, race, format, building, or even style. They were concerned about the reality of dying for Jesus.
The Church was was not saved to practice religion! We are called to a relationship with Almighty God and to introduce others to Him. We are more effective when we are united in this one goal! The devil would like nothing better than to tear us apart. Don't let him! support your brother and sister! Submit to the leadership of your pastor! Support your missionaries! Evangelize the lost! Pour your life into others! We only got one life to live.
This takes commitment and hard work. It is not for the half-hearted. Are you going to do it? Get involved in lives! I believe we can we see a revival in the United States!
No comments:
Post a Comment