Sunday, October 30, 2011

A week in North Carolina

Week number 8 has come and it has gone. I spent the week with the Baker Family. We had many opportunities to talk with people about Local Church Ministries. One of the biggest things i learned from Brian was the importance of keeping priorities straight. So many times, we categorize our life and exalt one piece over the other. This is not the way a Christian ought to live. Gary Lawhorne, the missionary from SC, told me is favorite word is "balance." You need balance. Everything you do ought to be centered around Christ.
I was able to teach  about tolerance to a students on a Sunday night. Afterwards, we had a time of fellowship around pizza an some basketball. 



This youth group had a costume party. This is the small group of 7/8 graders I was able to spend time talking about the Word.

Brian Baker is the missionary in Western NC. I learned a lot about priorities in serving Christ with him. 

First, I have no idea why I made this face. Second, this is Chris. He is a pastor in SC. Gary, the missionary let me spend time and ask him questions about life. We had a great time!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment